Friday, October 12, 2007

Rubik's Cube Championship

This week, Yu Nakajima won the Rubik's Cube World Championships in Budapest. In case you can't tell, he's Japanese.

Stop the presses! An Asian boy actually won a competition that celebrates high-end problem solving and spatial recognition AND requires absolutely no social skills? The next thing you're going to tell me is that a Chinese boy won the FORTRAN Programming Championships, or a Korean boy was inaugurated into the World Mathlete Hall of Fame.

Don't bother me with this useless news. I was a three-time champion Mathlete myself - and I'm the dumb one in the family. Wake me up when an Asian boy who wins these competitions actually has a decent haircut.

Okay - to be fair, the guy who came in second place was an American - named Andrew Kang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home