Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Chinese Manufacturers

Another week, another set of Chinese product recalls -- I think it's pretty obvious that Chinese manufacturers are some of the laziest Asians in the world. This week, toy manufacturer Mattel recalled 18 million toys made in China due to loose magnets and lead paint. And Gilchrist & Soames recalled toothpaste made in China that contains diethylene glycol, a chemical used in automobile antifreeze.

Seriously Chinese manufacturers - are you just lazy or retarded? I'm hoping it's the former because I'm Chinese myself (which also means that anything else I write in this post cannot be considered racist). How hard can it be to make magnets that stick? Isn't that what magnets do anyway? You guys built the freaking Great Wall of China - and that's managed to stick together pretty well for over 2000 years.

And holy crap - how hard can it be to NOT put anti-freeze into toothpaste? Maybe I'm naive, but hasn't toothpaste been around for a while? It's a pretty mature product - and I'm fairly certain that toothpaste doesn't need to survive minus forty degree temperatures while keeping a car engine cool. It's got to be just pure laziness because I don't see the Chinese putting anti-freeze into pork dumplings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home