Friday, September 01, 2006

E-Pink Slip

This week, RadioShack laid off approximately 400 workers. And in a super classy move, the workers were notifed by email.

Okay, I can completely understand RadioShack's need to cut staff. After all, those 400 people probably processed my phone number and address when I bought batteries. Plus, their stores just depress me in general. But come on - at least have the balls to look people in the eye when you fire them.

I used to think that the HR departments of all companies were equally incompetent - but apparently I was wrong. RadioShack's HR has somehow risen above the crowd of suckage.

If HR actually did their job right, they would fire people in person, and do that useless mandatory sexual harassment training via email.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They closed the one by my house. Who else will care to ask if I need batteries?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home