Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Intermittent Explosive Disorder

Last week, a new study released in the Archives of General Psychiatry explored the underlying cause of road-rage. It's supposedly called Intermittent Explosive Disorder - or I.E.D. for short - and it reportedly affects up to 16 million Americans. Weird. By some strange coincidence, approximately 16 million Americans also simply just have a bad temper.

According to the report, I.E.D. by definition involves "multiple outbursts that are way out of proportion to the situation". Which basically describes every argument I've ever had with a woman.

Do these researchers actually do any research? Apparently, if you just take a normal condition and describe it with a fancy acronym - you've successfully found a new disease.

Dude, I could be a researcher. I hereby declare P.D.D. - Perpetual Douchebag Disorder, a nationwide epidemic. Symptoms include "continuous outbursts of being a disproportionately huge asshole in every situation", sunglasses with big logos, and non-athletic wristbands. High concentrations can be found in Los Angeles, and parts of Orange County.

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have long established that there is a 'fuck paradox'. That is, you want a girl that fucks. But, if she does, she must be a slut.

Not really a disorder. But, my only brush with ever thinking about psychology. It's not freud, but the best I've got.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't women put I.E.D.'s in their cooter to keep from gettin preggo?

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

mmmm eggos....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home