Thursday, April 13, 2006

Stupid Sandwich

Okay, it's officially pick on Europeans week. Yesterday, the French, today, the English. Specifically, London Chef Scott MacDonald who created a $148 sandwich - supposedly the most expensive sandwich ever made.

Named the McDonald Sandwich, after it's creator, the ingredients are Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie de meaux, rocket, red pepper and mustard confit, and English plum tomatoes, all packed into 24-hour fermented sour dough bread.

Look at that smirk on the chef's face. It's a smirk that says: "Check me out, I'm the most awesome chef in the world. I'm going to get laid because of this." Honestly, I hope someone beats him up on the way home. I don't care if he put crack cocaine in the sandwich, it's still a freakin sandwich (albeit, one that I would keep eating over and over again until my life spiraled out of control). It's just a bunch of crap in between two pieces of bread.

Considering that the only culinary contribution to the world the English can claim is fish n' chips and kidney pie, it's actually fitting that the one expensive entree they come up with ends up being a stupid-ass sandwich.

For his next project, Chef McDouche will prepare a $200 boiled egg. Since he's English, I'm sure he'll find a way to make it taste like kidneys.

3 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right on. Considering what they eat over there, this is gourmet.

I will admit I've downed a few bacon butties in my time (with HP Sauce, of course).

Now I'm hungry.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I find it amusing that the name of the sandwich is going to get it confused with something you can buy at Mickey D's. "No, not THAT MacDonald sandwich..."

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

The question is: if you found half of that sandwich in the trash, would you pick it up and eat it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home