Thursday, March 30, 2006

"That's what she said"

I'm sure this has happened to you before: you're talking with your friend and you say something really general like "Wow, that's hard", and then your friend jokes: "That's what she said!" And then you respond with a really disingenuous laugh/moan.

"That's what she said" has turned into a really lazy joke. Sure - it was kind of funny the first few times I heard it - but then it got played out way too much and now it's completely stale - kind of like Jimmy Fallon's career.

Let's examine the mechanics of the joke: something sounds innocent on the surface, but when put in the context of a sexual situation with a female, it has a dirty secondary meaning. Sure, it sounds promising in theory - I'm a huge proponent of dirty secondary meanings - but unfortunately, the concept been abused by far too many unqualified people as a cheap way to get a laugh.

Deacon: Wassup R-Dawg!
Roland: Wassup D-Dawg!
Deacon: Dude, I'm starving. Whatcha going to have for lunch?
Roland: Hmm...I'm thinking the Tofu Burger. How 'bout you D-squared?
Deacon: I'm kinda craving the All-Beef Chili-Dog
Roland: THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
Deacon and Roland together: LOL

After lunch, Deacon and Roland will play a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game for 8 hours straight. Deacon and Roland are 32-year-old virgins.

5 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would really appreciate it if you didn't write about me so overtly

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, how about taking it to the next level. "That's what your mom said, last night." As if the first part is not bad enough, the last night adds that extra sting. Now, I wonder, has anyone ever made these statements and been been telling the truth?

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always tell the truth - that's what I told you momma last night

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no idea how this relates to being lazy OR asian (unless it's just the lame and lazy joke-making) but thank god you're doing some serious investigative journalism on this subject... dawg.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

I think I know those guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home