Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Statue of Britney Spears

In news that kind of makes me understand why people hate America, Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston, a life-size statue of a naked Britney Spears about to welcome her firstborn, is set to be displayed April 7-23 at Brooklyn's Capla Kesting Fine Art. The artist, Daniel Edwards, has received numerous angry emails over the exhibit's perceived pro-life/anti-abortion stance.

First - I usually avoid discussing the abortion issue because it's way too serious for my brain to comprehend - but I'm willing to make an exception here because I'm absolutely certain that Britney and Kevin should NOT be having children. If by some miracle I'm still writing this blog in 18 years, I guarantee you that little Sean Preston Spears-Federline will have reached an unprecedented level of douchebagged-ness to supply me with endless material.

Second - the artist Daniel Edwards really sucks because that statue looks nothing like Britney. This girl in this statue is actually quite attractive.

Third - I was under the impression that you needed to be a person of historical or social significance in order to be immortalized as a statue. According to Daniel Edwards, being the worst role model for young girls and bringing trailer-trash to the forefront of pop-culture is considered extremely significant.

For his next statue, Mr. Edwards will be examining the significance of rich, talentless sluts in: Monument to Herpes: The Fellatio of Paris Hilton. Paris will also appear on her knees.

4 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Anonyme. said...

she kinda looks like a skinnier scarlett j. the blog-worlds are colliding!
(by the way, this post in no way implies I think The Lazy Asian is a big fat racist.) (although in my heart of hearts, i really, really do.)

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this stupid hunk of crap...I mean...art the other day. Uuugh. Makes me wanna rip out my eyes. Even more than your Hasselhoff post. Gah.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ya.

I think there's a giant clown face on her ass. With a wide open mouth. The ones that invite you throw your wrappers away there.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very fact of Britney Spears reproducing should make the case for abortion rights once and for all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home