Wednesday, March 08, 2006

International Women's Day

Happy International Women's Day! Yeah, I had no idea it existed either - but take a look at your wall calendar. See - it really exists. I wonder who came up with this idea? Whoever it was - they weren't much of a risk taker. My research shows that approximately one out of every two people on this planet is female. With this valuable information in hand, whoever proposed International Women's Day knew beforehand that it was a shoe-in for approval by the mysterious Official-Day Setting Organization. It's like proposing International Peace Day. Or International Puppies Day.

If I was standing before the Official-Day Setting Organization, I would propose something more controversial - like:
International International House of Pancakes Day. Because I'm sure there would be heated debate over whether or not the word "International" should appear twice. And just as the negotiations are about to fall apart, I would heroically step in at the 11th hour and suggest that as a compromise, we name it: International IHOP Day. I'm a freakin genius.

3 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! IHOP day would be awesome.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm all for any holiday that gets me presents. Women's Day, Veteran's Day, my birthday, all good. Can we come up with a few more?

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, National Puppies Day! I'm all for that.

Hey, wait a minute. Who gets presents for Women's Day!? I didn't get anything! Of course...I didn't know it was Women's Day, but still.

*hmph*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home