Thursday, March 02, 2006

Flip-Flops

When it comes to footwear, nothing is lazier than flip-flops. While other footwear has evolved over time with laces, pumps, and air pockets - flip-flops have pretty much stayed the same for the past 3000 years. And they still don't even have their own support system - relying on that little space between your big toe and second toe to stay on your foot. That's like having a belt that buckles into your bellybutton because it doesn't have it's own hole.

Despite being so simple, flip-flops have the power to convey a wide range of information about wearer -- from "I'm feeling casual and relaxed", to "I'm too lazy to tie shoelaces", to "I'm an Abercrombie wearing frat-boy asshole".

That being said, I love my flip-flops. I've even been guilty myself of wearing flip-flops during inappropriate situations. I've worn them to work after giving my 2-week notice because I just didn't give a shit anymore. And I've even worn them on first-dates because I wanted the girl to judge me by my personality and not by my footwear. Unfortunately, I have a horrible personality so that really hasn't worked out for me.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap - that sounds like a painful belt. I love my flip flops too.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a pair of flip flops with air cushioning and a bottle-opener in the sole. Take that Lazy Asian!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home