Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Monkeys in Commercials

As a general rule in life, you really can't go wrong with monkeys. Especially in commercials. During the advertising industry's biggest pissing contest of the year - otherwise known as the Super Bowl, Careerbuilder.com once again featured the infamous office chimpanzees in its commercials. And despite the relatively low-brow humor of chimps dressed in suits jumping on desks - I must admit that I laughed. Surprising, given the high-brow nature of this blog. Boobies.

Even with the monkey's long tradition in commercials, I've noticed that they've been somewhat typecast as "trouble-makers" -- which really isn't cool since they're not even unionized. It's time to unleash the monkey's full advertising potential: instead of having Jessica Simpson in those lame Proactive Solution infomercials, why not feature a monkey? I've never seen a monkey with a pimple - and what you'll lose in looks, you'll gain in general problem solving.

Clearly, the advertising possibilities for monkeys are endless. Except for Victoria's Secret commercials. Those are just fine the way they are. Boobies.

3 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh heh... boobies... heh heh

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Chase said...

This is my favorite post yet! I woke the dog up I laughed so hard. Oops.

By the way, I'm a dot-commer now. Well - and a dot-orger (that sounds perverted, I know)

tastetheworld.org
chasingbeagles.com
painterchick.com

I'm moving up in this world!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Monkeys are teh shit. Harr... and those jackasses were pretty damn funny. C.M. Chase sounds like the coolest person in THE WORLD. If she sees my blog, she'll understand...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home