Thursday, February 02, 2006

Groundhog Day

Awesome. It's Groundhog Day. I'm sure there's some elaborate story involving some sort of tradition that explains why this day even exists - but it's more fun to just assume that all the people in Punxsutawey, Pennsylvania are retards. After all, they've worshipped an overweight rodent for over 100 years.

And what a lazy-ass rodent he is. "Phil", as he's called, essentially works one day a year. The rest of the time, the townsfolk stuff him with food and provide him with shelter. I bet that really pisses off the other groundhogs. I bet they stare at Phil with a combination of envy and disgust as they burrow their way past his palatial bog scavenging for something to eat.

Tonight during the evening news, you'll probably see Phil on TV, surrounded by old men dressed up in their super-sweet 19th Century costumes, eagerly awaiting to see if Phil sees his own shadow. And I bet that somewhere in Pennsylvania, there's a groundhog perched up on a ledge peering through a window, watching the TV, and giving Phil the finger.

3 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Chase said...

*sings* so put your little hand in mine...there ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

Ahh, yes. That's a great movie.

You beat me to the post though - I was going to blog something similar. Now I'll just redirect my readers here instead. :)

Check out my 'Father of the Year' post - I tagged you in it.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if Phil gets hooked up with hot female groundhogs. I bet you that dude has tons of little runs running all over Punksitawny (or however the hell you spell it).

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should cue Kenny Loggins "I'm Alright" during the gopher unvieling. It's much more dignified than the nonsensical top hats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home