Monday, January 23, 2006

Brokeback Mountain Jokes

The most discussed about and controversial movie of the year has also been the easiest source for a punch-line. Leno, Letterman, Stewart - the late night kings of comedy have all referenced the movie for cheap laughs at least a gazillion times since November (yes, that'’s the official count) which is pretty lazy if you think about it. Because if you can't get a laugh from joking about gay cowboys, then you're not very funny. Because gay cowboys are hilarious.

And no, I'’m not homophobic. I think straight interior decorators are hilarious too.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if all of you are too lazy to get sirius radio and howard stern... it seems to be the number 1 joke from howard and artie as well... brokeback mountain... good god...

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard Jay Leno say:
"I thought I was going to the Outback Steakhouse - but I ended up at the Brokeback Steakhouse. And you don't want to know what the specials were"

You're totally right - it's a lazy joke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home