Friday, January 27, 2006

The Asian Backstreet Boys

If you spend any time on the internet then you've probably already seen the infamous video of two Asian homeboys lip-synching to the Backstreet Boys. Finally - a true Lazy Asian example: A) They're not even singing B) 99% of the video's appeal is dorkiness - and every Asian is just a bad haircut away from being dorky (I'm Asian, so it's cool) and C) They stayed in their room. At least William Hung took the initiative to leave his room and drive to the audition.

They've become famous for what I already do in the shower every morning (I'm talking about singing) - and I Want it That Way is my trademark karaoke song - along with Paradise City if it's a 2-for-1 drink night. If only I had the foresight to perform in front of a webcam.

Not surprisingly, these two kids are now quasi-celebrities in their home country. They've even signed a deal with Motorola China to help promote a new line of phones. And I bet they get plenty of tail.

GOOD for them. After thinking about it for a while, I'm actually more proud of my fellow Asian brothers than bitter. At least they're not famous for something related to Kung-Fu.

6 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe they're doing ads now! that's insane

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least they're not famous for something like math or flute-playing.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Chase said...

Ooooh no. I didn't know they got semi-famous off of their idiocy. I need to start doing random moronic things...maybe then I'll be somebody, too.

Nice bloggage, Lazy. :)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

OMFG! Hysterical! I have to laugh till I cry at least once a day, after all. Thanks. And what's that guy in the background doing? Please tell me he's not playing a computer game... that's so cliche.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

And yes, it's a stuffed duck. Sadie's too afraid of the real thing.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Anonyme. said...

wait... you have a trademark karaoke song? how did i not KNOW this? this opens up all kinds of possibilities for lunch hour...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home